lyrics to live by...

Be still, my soul: the Lord is on thy side.Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain.Leave to thy God to order and provide;In every change, He faithful will remain.Be still, my soul: thy best, thy heavenly FriendThrough thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

Happy Fall Y'all!

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Family Quilt


A few weeks ago Sophia asked me to make her a quilt that had all of her family on it. I thought , yay! A new project! So began my very first attempt at quilting. I had no idea where to start but she wanted it pink and brown so I went looking for fabric. Well, a month later and it is done. I have learned a lot and so I think my next quilt will be better but it actually is very cute and I had so much fun making it. The colors look a lot better in person. So, as I am realizing that I am going to be finishing the quilt soon, I think to myself...of course I must make one for Caleb. So I ask him what color he would like his family quilt. Not surprisingly, Caleb informs me that he he wants it "green as Hulk" and wants only Superheroes on his quilt and no family. We are once again reminded where we stand in a three year old's world ... right under Superman.






4 comments:

The Stuckey's said...

Kelly,

That is really cool....I really wish I had the time to sew.

I know you sew with your side business did you have a special sewing machine to do this.

Who knows you might have to add it to you list of projects you sell.

Hope all is well

Kelly Reser said...

I used a regular sewing machine and it was easier than i thought to get all of the fabric through it. I thought maybe people used special "quilting machines", but most places I looked up online said they used regular machines. I don't really have time either, but I stay up until 5 or 6 in the morning when I am working on a project....believe me I am too old to do that and I pay for it:)

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

gale said...

Kelly! The quilt is beautiful! I love that idea and have wanted one for a long time....NOW I know who can make one for me... ;) I have such a talented cousin..... :)
lv,g